Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/3899
Hamlet Greeting the Actors1927
Edward Gordon Craig, British (English), (1872–1966)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Woodcut
State: Second state
Series: from Hamlet
Edition: 1/8; published Weimar: Cranach Press (Count Harry Kessler).
Marks: Signed; inscribed: “only 8 proofs. Second state. Copy No. 1”
Credit Line: Purchase funds, 1961
Accession Number: 1961.26.2
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
actors*, Hamlet (character)*, Hamlet (play)*, literature (writings), Shakespeare (William)*, theater (discipline)*
- actors - Persons who portray roles in dramatic productions to interpret character or present characterization to an audience. DOT [February 1993 lead-in term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- Hamlet (character) - The character; see also the literary works term for the play.
- Hamlet (play) - The play; see also the literary figure term for the character.
- literature (writings)
- Shakespeare (William) - LC n 78095332: Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available