Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/417
Fujieda: Changing Porters / Horses (Jimba Tsugitate)ca. 1833-1834
Andô Hiroshige, aka (Hiroshige) Andô, Ichiryûsai [Ichiriusai], Ichiyûsai, Ryûsai, Japanese, (1797–1858)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- impressions (prints) - Use when emphasizing the individual image produced by a single instance of printing. For printed images more generally, use "prints." [July 1998 qualifier added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- oban - Japanese prints of a standard size about 15 3/4 by 10 1/2 inches. HILLNA
- porters - Persons employed to carry baggage for patrons at a hotel or transportation terminal. W [November 1992 alternate term added. September 1990 lead-in term added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .