Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9327
The Path of Pleasure1875
284 x 231 mm (11.2 x 9.1 in.)
C. Mayer, American
After Frank Beard, American (probably)
- American Studies
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- sex role - Pattern of attitudes and behavior that in any society is deemed appropriate to one sex rather than another. For the concept of physiological traits that distinguish the males and females of a species, use "sex." For the sum of an individual's sexual emotions, ideas, and behavior, use "sexuality." ERIC9 [February 1993 descriptor moved. December 1992 related term added. November 1991 related terms added. January 1991 scope note added. May 1990 lead-in term added.]
- shipwrecks - Occasions of the severe damage or loss of a boat or ship at sea. [April 1995 lead-in term added. December 1990 descriptor added.]
- social classes - Levels in human populations distinguished by degree of wealth or privilege, modes of labor, way of life, or other social, economic, or cultural factors. TSIT [May 1994 related term added. April 1993 lead-in term deleted, was 'social stratification'; lead-in term deleted, was 'class differences'. May 1991 descriptor moved.]
- temptation - LC sh 85133799 and TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm010679
- image Dimensions: 284 x 231 mm (11.2 x 9.1 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXOB" and [Objects]Display Artist is "C. Mayer after Frank Beard".View current selection of records as: