Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2946
Fish Market, Antwerp1839
270 x 170 mm (10.6 x 6.7 in.)
Thomas Shotter Boys, British (English), (1803–1874)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- early lithography
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- lithography - Planographic printing process in which a design is deposited on the stone or plate with a greasy substance and the surface is chemically treated to accept ink only in the greasy areas. [August 1996 alternate term added. March 1995 related term added. January 1993 related terms added. October 1991 scope note changed; descriptor moved.]
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- image Dimensions: 270 x 170 mm (10.6 x 6.7 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Thomas Shotter Boys, British (English), (1803–1874) . Fish Market, Antwerp, 1839. Color lithograph printed in six colors on wove paper. image : 270 x 170 mm (10.6 x 6.7 in.). DAC accession number 1943.D1.32. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1943. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXOE" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Thomas Shotter Boys".View current selection of records as: