Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1694
A Fish out of Water1876
238 x 228 mm (9.4 x 9 in.)
- American Studies
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- British Museum
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- museums - Use for buildings, groups of buildings, or spaces within buildings where objects of value such as works of art, antiquities, scientific specimens, or other artifacts are housed and displayed. [March 1993 related terms added. April 1991 related te
- natural history - Originally the systematic study of all natural objects and beings, including the modern sciences of zoology, botany, and minerology; now restricted to the study of these things from a popular or amateur rather than a strictly scientific perspective. [February 1995 related term added. May 1994 descriptor added.]
- Nature - Use for the concept of the physical world, including the forces at work in it and the nonhuman life inhabiting it, perceived by human beings as separate and independent from themselves, their activities, and civilization. For aggregates of physical things, conditions, and influences surrounding and affecting given organisms or communities of organisms at any time, use "environments (object groupings)." For the branch of biology dealing with the relations and interactions between organisms and their habitat, use "ecology." [April 1990 descriptor added.]
- science - Use for the group of studies or branches of knowledge concerned with facts and phenomena of the observable or quantifiable world, systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws. [April 1996 lead-in terms added; scope note added; related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. January 1991 alternate term added.]
- image Dimensions: 238 x 228 mm (9.4 x 9 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Anonymous, . A Fish out of Water, 1876. Wood engraving on wove paper. image : 238 x 228 mm (9.4 x 9 in.). Sheet : 420 x 295 mm (16.5 x 11.6 in.). Object : 420 x 295 mm (16.5 x 11.6 in.). DAC accession number 2001.14.15. Weedon Endowment funds, 2001. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXOE" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: