Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1795
St. Jerome in Penitence, with Two Ships in a Harborca. 1460-1480 (restrike printed ca. 1812)
218 x 282 mm (8.6 x 11.1 in.)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- marine views - Use For Term
- religious art - Use broadly for art depicting religious subjects or for art used in worship. [September 1993 descriptor added.]
- restrikes - Impressions made from a printing surface or a die after the original edition or issue has been completed; refers especially to prints and to coins. [December 1992 descriptor added.]
- Saint Jerome
- saints - Related Term
- ships - Use for watercraft generally larger and more seaworthy than boats; usually propelled by sails or engines.
- plate Dimensions: 218 x 282 mm (8.6 x 11.1 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .