No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14306
1016 x 521 mm (40 x 20.5 in.)
Kara Elizabeth Walker, American, b. born 1969
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Linocut
State: Only state
Print impression quality: Excellent
Edition: Printer’s Proof 1 of 6 outside the edition of 70 for “Parkett” 59 (2000); printed by Derrière L’Etoile Studio (New York); published by Parkett (Zurich and New York)
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Kara Walker 2000”; inscribed, lower center: “Boo Hoo”
Credit Line: Weedon Endowment funds, 2001
Accession Number: 2001.25.1
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
African American artists*, animals*, Bible, Eve, Old Testament, race (concept)*, religions, reptiles, silhouettes*, slavery, snakes
- African American artists - LC sh 85001794
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- Old Testament
- race (concept) - Identification of a group of people as distinct from other groups on the basis of physical or socially defined characteristics, such as language. [May 1995 descriptor added.]
- silhouettes - Use for portraits cut from paper and mounted on a contrasting background; also, by extension, images showing no interior detail set against a contrasting background. [April 1991 descriptor moved; scope note changed.]
- image Dimensions: 1016 x 521 mm (40 x 20.5 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Kara Elizabeth Walker, American, b. born 1969 . Boo Hoo, 2000. Linocut. Only state. image : 1016 x 521 mm (40 x 20.5 in.). DAC accession number 2001.25.1. Weedon Endowment funds, 2001.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXPJ".View current selection of records as: