Photo Credit: photo: R. Lancefield
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13462
The Actor Kameya Jujiro Playing “Okio,” Dancing18th century
282 x 127 mm (11.1 x 5 in.)
Kiyomitsu Torii I, aka Kiyomitsu Torii or Kamejirô, Japanese, (1735–1785)
- actor prints
- actors - Persons who portray roles in dramatic productions to interpret character or present characterization to an audience. DOT [February 1993 lead-in term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- dance - Performing art form realized in rhythmic movement, creating visual designs by a series of poses and tracing of patterns through space in the course of measured units of time. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added.]
- dancers - Use for those who engage in the activity of dancing or who practice the art of dance, especially as a profession. [November 1994 scope note added. February 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- kabuki - LC sh 85071224
- theater (discipline) - Use for the professionally oriented study of theater, involving training, practice, and study in the processes of doing theater. For the academically oriented study of theater, use "drama." [August 1995 descriptor changed, was "theater". April 1993 related term added.]
- image Dimensions: 282 x 127 mm (11.1 x 5 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lancefield) .