No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7540
Clouds Obscuring San Diego1987
Yvonne Helene Jacquette, American, b. born 1934
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Color soft-ground and hard-ground etching and spit-bite aquatint printed in fourteen colors on Somerset Satin paper
Edition: Number 8 from the edition of 60 printed by Doris Simmelink
Bibliography: Hilarie Faberman, Aerial Muse: The Art of Yvonne Jacquette (New York: Hudson Hills Press, 2002), cat. no. 26.
Credit Line: Gift of Ellen G. D’Oench (BA Wesleyan 1973, Trustee 1977–1979, DAC Curator 1979–1998), 2003
Accession Number: 2003.1.9
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
aerial views*, bird's-eye views*, California*, fog*, landscapes (representations)*, night, night scenes, San Diego*, weather*, Western United States*
- aerial views - Use to designate views achieved by photographing from an aircraft or other high location. When emphasizing the photograph itself, use "aerial photographs." For nonphotographic depictions having high viewpoints, use "bird's-eye views" or "bird's-eye perspectives." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- bird's-eye views - Use with reference to nonphotographic depictions having a viewpoint well above normal eye level; if these are architectural drawings in precise perspective, use "bird's-eye perspectives." For photographs, use "aerial views" or "aerial photographs." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- California - TGN 7007157
- fog - Water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the air in sufficient concentration to appreciably reduce visibilty. [March 1993 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- night scenes
- San Diego - TGN 7014455
- weather - State of the atmosphere with respect to such factors as wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, and pressure. For the long-term total of atmospheric variations at a specific geographical location, use "climate." [May 1993 related term added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
Location Latitude: American, Longitude: D'Oench
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available