Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12894
Street Market, Harlem1937 (printed 1980)
356 x 279 mm (14 x 11 in.)
Aaron Siskind, American, (1903–1991)
- African American culture
- marketplaces - Use for widened streets, neighborhood or town squares, or other mostly open public spaces where booths and stalls may be erected for public sales. [July 1993 lead-in terms added.]
- markets (events) - Use for meetings of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs." [April 1996 scope note changed; related term added. March 1993 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- street photography
- sheet Dimensions: 356 x 279 mm (14 x 11 in.)
No open access image available
Aaron Siskind, American, (1903–1991) . Street Market, Harlem, 1937 (printed 1980). From Harlem Document. Gelatin silver print. sheet : 356 x 279 mm (14 x 11 in.). DAC accession number 1985.24.33. Gift of Ann and Seth B. Rosner (BA Wesleyan 1952), 1985. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXTH" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Aaron Siskind".View current selection of records as: