No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1293
Donkey Hauling Timber to Talucaca. 1886
110 x 187 mm (4.3 x 7.4 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Albumen print
Marks: Inscribed on mount, lower center: title; on print, upper left: identification number or letter
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: From an unidentified collector’s collection of 41 images of “Mexican Indian Types” and views of Mexico.
Bibliography: Roberston, Iturbide of Mexico; Alba, The Mexicans; McNeer, The Mexican Story; Carson, Mexico; Linati, Trajes Civiles, Militares y Religiosos de Mexico.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19220.127.116.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
animals*, donkeys, genre*, labor*, Latin America*, Mexico*, studio photography, transportation, travel photography
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- Latin America - TGN 4006155 (general region)
- Mexico - TGN 7005560
- studio photography
- travel photography
- image Dimensions: 110 x 187 mm (4.3 x 7.4 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available