Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/4474
Cavalier nègre allant vers la droite1651
Stefano Della Bella, aka Etienne de la Belle, Italian, (1610–1664)
- African figures (representations)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- ceremonies - Formal acts or series of acts, especially those conducted elaborately, solemnly, and as prescribed by the ritual or protocol of religious, state, court, social, or tribal procedure. For events serving to call someone or something to remembrance, use "commemorations." [March 1993 related terms added. April 1992 scope note changed. May 1991 alternate term added. January 1991 lead-in term added.]
- figures (representations) - Representations of humans or animals. [July 1998 related term added, "statues". December 1997 related term added.]
- race (concept) - Identification of a group of people as distinct from other groups on the basis of physical or socially defined characteristics, such as language. [May 1995 descriptor added.]
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXUB".View current selection of records as: