Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7511
The Young Artist’s First Portrait1876
276 x 232 mm (10.9 x 9.1 in.)
J. G. S., American
- American Studies
- artist portraits
- artists - Use specifically for people who produce work in the visual arts. For those in the performing arts, use "performing artists." [May 1995 related term added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added.]
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- domestic scenes
- female portraits
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- youth - Use for people below the age of full maturity, generally 17 years of age and younger. [April 1994 lead-in terms added. September 1993 scope note added. August 1993 related terms added. November 1992 alternate term added. September 1990 lead-in terms added.]
- image Dimensions: 276 x 232 mm (10.9 x 9.1 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
J. G. S., American . The Young Artist’s First Portrait, 1876. Wood engraving on wove paper. image : 276 x 232 mm (10.9 x 9.1 in.). Sheet : 420 x 295 mm (16.5 x 11.6 in.). Object : 420 x 295 mm (16.5 x 11.6 in.). DAC accession number 2001.14.17. Weedon Endowment funds, 2001. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXUE".View current selection of records as: