Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6107
127 x 223 mm (5 x 8.8 in.)
Robert Swain Gifford, American, (1840–1905)
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- townscapes (representations) - Related Term
- plate Dimensions: 127 x 223 mm (5 x 8.8 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Robert Swain Gifford, American, (1840–1905) . Nonquit, 1878. Etching on thin laid Japan paper. plate : 127 x 223 mm (5 x 8.8 in.). DAC accession number 1987.24.2. Gift of Nancy and Greg Hugo from the collection of Harold Hugo (D. Hum. Wesleyan 1970), 1987. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXVQ" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Robert Swain Gifford".View current selection of records as: