No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/6105
Coal Pockets at New Bedford1876
220 x 146 mm (8.7 x 5.7 in.)
Robert Swain Gifford, American, (1840–1905)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Etching printed in brown ink on laid paper
Print impression quality: Excellent
Edition: Published in the "American Art Review" I (1879-80): 5; bound in Koehler, American Etchings (Boston, 1886)
Marks: Signed in plate, lower right: “R. Swain Gifford—79”
Credit Line: Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892); Print Reference Library transfer, 1987
Accession Number: 1987.2.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
New England*, New York Etching Club members, Northeastern United States*, townscapes (representations)*
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- townscapes (representations) - Related Term
- plate Dimensions: 220 x 146 mm (8.7 x 5.7 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available