Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9731
Rainy Day, Broadway1891
251 x 173 mm (9.9 x 6.8 in.)
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919)
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- weather - State of the atmosphere with respect to such factors as wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, and pressure. For the long-term total of atmospheric variations at a specific geographical location, use "climate." [May 1993 related term added. December 1992 scope note added. November 1992 descriptor moved.]
- plate Dimensions: 251 x 173 mm (9.9 x 6.8 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919) . Rainy Day, Broadway, 1891. Etching on Asian wove paper. plate : 251 x 173 mm (9.9 x 6.8 in.). Sheet : 302 x 233 mm (11.9 x 9.2 in.). DAC accession number 1946.D1.101. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1946. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXVQ".View current selection of records as: