No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12914
The Rocky Mountains1866
428 x 708 mm (16.9 x 27.9 in.)
James Smillie, American, (1807–1885)
After Albert Bierstadt, American, (1830–1902)
- American Studies
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Native Americans
- rock - Naturally formed aggregate of one or more minerals. For processed or dressed rock use "stone." [January 1996 alternate term added. February 1992 descriptor moved. December 1991 scope note added.]
- Rocky Mountains - TGN 7014356
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 428 x 708 mm (16.9 x 27.9 in.)
No open access image available
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXWA" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: