No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7050
El Jibaro, Puerto Rico1940
Irwin David Hoffman, American, (1901–1989)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Etching and drypoint on white wove paper
Print impression quality: Excellent
Edition: Limited edition, Associated American Artists, New York
Marks: Signed in pencil, lower right: “Irwin D. Hoffman”; signed in plate, lower left: “Irwin Hoffman 1940”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Purchased by the donor from Associated American Artists, New York, NY, ca. 1940.
Bibliography: Albert Reese, American Prize Prints of the 20th Century (New York: Associated American Artists, 1949), p. 87; see Associated American Artists biographical notes on reverse of original DAC catalog card.
Credit Line: Gift of Gerald C. Couard (BA Wesleyan 1934), 1984
Accession Number: 1984.16.19
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Caribbean Area - LCSH 85020279; no TGN (Caribbean Sea is TGN 7004569)
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- labor - Usage in the sense of physical work
- Latin America - TGN 4006155 (general region)
- Puerto Rico - TGN 7004643
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Irwin David Hoffman, American, (1901–1989) . El Jibaro, Puerto Rico, 1940. Etching and drypoint on white wove paper. : mm (in.). DAC accession number 1984.16.19. Gift of Gerald C. Couard (BA Wesleyan 1934), 1984.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXXS".View current selection of records as: