No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1184
Fisherman Throwing Net, Indonesia?ca. 1860-1880
265 x 340 mm (10.4 x 13.4 in.)
- fishermen (people) - Those whose business or occupation is to catch fish or shellfish. [July 1994 scope note added; descriptor changed, was "fishermen". June 1994 lead-in term added. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- Indonesia - TGN 1000116
- nets (objects) - Use for the objects consisting of meshed arrangements of threads, cords, or ropes that have been twisted, knotted, or woven together at regular intervals. For the open weave textile made of twine or strong thread or yarn, usually of silk, cotton, nylon, or rayon, with fine to coarse meshes of fixed dimension, used to make various items from veils and trimming on clothing to tennis nets and fish nets, use "net (textile)." [February 1994 related terms added; scope note changed; descriptor changed, was "nets"; alternate term changed, was "net". December 1992 descriptor added.]
- Southeast Asia - TGN 7016821
- travel photography
- image Dimensions: 265 x 340 mm (10.4 x 13.4 in.)
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Fisherman Throwing Net, Indonesia?, ca. 1860-1880. Albumen print. image : 265 x 340 mm (10.4 x 13.4 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.206. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYCB" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Anonymous".View current selection of records as: