Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/2755
Canal and Bridge of Saints Apostoli, Venice1916-1928
325 x 227 mm (12.8 x 8.9 in.)
Muirhead Bone, British (Scottish), (1876–1953)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- canals - Use for artificial navigable waterways.
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- Venice - TGN 7018159 (standard English name used here for this well-known city)
- plate Dimensions: 325 x 227 mm (12.8 x 8.9 in.)
No open access image available
Muirhead Bone, British (Scottish), (1876–1953) . Canal and Bridge of Saints Apostoli, Venice, 1916-1928. Drypoint on wove paper. Sixteenth of sixteen states. plate : 325 x 227 mm (12.8 x 8.9 in.). Sheet : 398 x 274 mm (15.7 x 10.8 in.). DAC accession number 1938.D1.32. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1938. (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYGH".View current selection of records as: