Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/11852
Portrait of King Gustav II Adolf, King of Swedenlate 17th century
168 x 110 mm (6.6 x 4.3 in.)
Johann Michael Puchler (aka Johann Michael Püchler), German
- male portraits
- micrography - The art or practice of writing in minute characters, common in illuminated manuscripts of Jewish texts and the Koran. [January 1993 descriptor added.]
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- royalty - Class within the nobility consisting of those who are descended from or related to a monarch or line of monarchs. [February 1993 alternate term deleted, was 'royal'. January 1993 related term added. December 1990 descriptor added.]
- Scandinavia (general region) - TGN 7016881
- Sweden - TGN 1000097
- text - With reference to an individual page or sheet, such as a poster, use for the main body of type or written matter, as opposed to the illustrations, margins, borders, headings, or other features. With reference to a book or periodical, use for the main body of the writing, as distinct from front matter, notes, index, appendix, and bibliography. [May 1994 descriptor added.]
- image Dimensions: 168 x 110 mm (6.6 x 4.3 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .