Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14407
Glacier Point, 3,257 feet, Yosemite, Californiaca. 1868-1870 (printed after 1874)
520 x 386 mm (20.5 x 15.2 in.)
Carleton E. Watkins, American, (1829–1916)
Printed by Isaiah West Taber, American, (1830–1912)
- California - TGN 7007157
- geology - Science that deals with the physical history of the earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the physical changes which it has undergone and is undergoing. RHDEL2 [June 1994 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. April 1993 related term added. December 1992 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- Yosemite Valley - TGN 7017628
- image Dimensions: 520 x 386 mm (20.5 x 15.2 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Carleton E. Watkins, American, (1829–1916) Isaiah West Taber, American, (1830–1912) . Glacier Point, 3,257 feet, Yosemite, California, ca. 1868-1870 (printed after 1874). Albumen print from collodion wet-plate mammoth negative. image : 520 x 386 mm (20.5 x 15.2 in.). DAC accession number 1982.43.1. Weedon Endowment and Friends of the Davison Art Center funds in honor of Juana Maria G. Flagg, 1982. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYJI" and [Objects]Century is "19th century".View current selection of records as: