No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5236
Hills of California, Oaklandca. 1920-1925
343 x 267 mm (13.5 x 10.5 in.)
John Paul Edwards, American, (1884–1958)
- California - TGN 7007157
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Pictorialist - Use with reference to the 19th-century movement in photography.
- San Francisco Bay Area (general region) - From LCSH 85117096 San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.); no TGN
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 343 x 267 mm (13.5 x 10.5 in.)
No open access image available
John Paul Edwards, American, (1884–1958) . Hills of California, Oakland, ca. 1920-1925. Chloride print. image : 343 x 267 mm (13.5 x 10.5 in.). DAC accession number 1991.30.14. Gift of Russell G. D’Oench, Jr., 1991.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYJI" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph".View current selection of records as: