Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13203
Haystacks, Salinas Valley1922
318 x 254 mm (12.5 x 10 in.)
Karl Struss, American, (1886–1981)
- agriculture - Science or art of cultivating the soil, harvesting crops, and raising livestock. W [April 1996 descriptor moved. November 1995 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- California - TGN 7007157
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Pictorialist - Use with reference to the 19th-century movement in photography.
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 318 x 254 mm (12.5 x 10 in.)
No open access image available
Karl Struss, American, (1886–1981) . Haystacks, Salinas Valley, 1922. Bromide print. image : 318 x 254 mm (12.5 x 10 in.). DAC accession number 1991.30.58. Gift of Russell G. D’Oench, Jr., 1991. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYJI" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph".View current selection of records as: