No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/102
Sequoia Gigantea Roots, Yosemite National Park, Californiaca. 1950 (printed ca. 1960-1970)
495 x 394 mm (19.5 x 15.5 in.)
Ansel Adams, American, (1902–1984)
- California - TGN 7007157
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- Yosemite Valley - TGN 7017628
- image Dimensions: 495 x 394 mm (19.5 x 15.5 in.)
No open access image available
Ansel Adams, American, (1902–1984) . Sequoia Gigantea Roots, Yosemite National Park, California, ca. 1950 (printed ca. 1960-1970). Gelatin silver print. image : 495 x 394 mm (19.5 x 15.5 in.). DAC accession number 1983.12.1. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYJO" and [Objects]Work Type is "Photograph" and [Objects]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: