No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1465
A Tourist Group, Mirror Lake, Yosemiteca. 1900-1910
235 x 185 mm (9.3 x 7.3 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Marks: Inscribed on mount, lower right: “…Mirror Lake”
Bibliography: Note (188), (189), (190)4.
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19220.127.116.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
California*, lakes, landscapes (representations)*, mountains, Sierra Nevada*, tourism*, water, Western United States*, Yosemite Valley*
- California - TGN 7007157
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- tourism - Use broadly for that industry providing facilities and services to people traveling for recreation. W [February 1993 descriptor moved.]
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- Yosemite Valley - TGN 7017628
- image Dimensions: 235 x 185 mm (9.3 x 7.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available