No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13287
Bridge Crossing Merced River near Sentinel Hotel, Yosemite Valley1894
180 x 237 mm (7.1 x 9.3 in.)
Isaiah West Taber, American, (1830–1912)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Marks: Inscribed on border, lower left: “6575 Bridge Crossing Merced River near Sentinel Hotel, Yosemite Valley 1894”; inscribed on border, lower right: “Taber Photo., San Francisco, Cal.”
Bibliography: Lee D. Witkin and Barbara London, The Photograph Collector’s Guide (Boston, MA: New York Graphic Society, 1979).
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1918.104.22.1684
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
bridges (built works)*, California*, hotels (public accommodations), landscapes (representations)*, mountains, rivers, Sierra Nevada*, water, Western United States*, Yosemite Valley*
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- California - TGN 7007157
- hotels (public accommodations)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- Yosemite Valley - TGN 7017628
- image Dimensions: 180 x 237 mm (7.1 x 9.3 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available