Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/10691
Lake Front Sunset, Chicago1910
238 x 317 mm (9.4 x 12.5 in.)
Joseph Pennell, American, (1857–1926)
- Chicago - TGN 7013596
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- Illinois - TGN 7007251
- marine views - Use For Term
- Midwest - TGN 4007191 (general region): Refers to north-central USA, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, & usually Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Kentucky, and the Dakotas. Although the area falls primarily in the middle and eastern third of the United States, it was called the "midwest" because it was west of the original English colonies. Europeans settled here mainly after American Revolution, although some lived in Kentucky and Tennessee earlier.
- times of day
- plate Dimensions: 238 x 317 mm (9.4 x 12.5 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Joseph Pennell, American, (1857–1926) . Lake Front Sunset, Chicago, 1910. Etching on laid paper. plate : 238 x 317 mm (9.4 x 12.5 in.). DAC accession number 1943.D1.236. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1943. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYKT".View current selection of records as: