No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1331
Hancock Mansion, Colonial, Beacon Street, Bostonca. 1880-1900
229 x 189 mm (9 x 7.4 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Photographic print, probably albumen print
Marks: Inscribed on negative, lower right: “8599”; inscribed on verso: “Hancock Mansion, Colonial, Beacon Street, Boston”
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19188.8.131.52
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Boston - TGN 7013445
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. [July 1995 descriptor moved. March 1995 scope note added. November 1992 related term added.]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 229 x 189 mm (9 x 7.4 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Hancock Mansion, Colonial, Beacon Street, Boston, ca. 1880-1900. Photographic print, probably albumen print. image : 229 x 189 mm (9 x 7.4 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.206. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYKY".View current selection of records as: