No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1354
Washington Street, Bostonca. 1880-1890
214 x 168 mm (8.4 x 6.6 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Albumen print
Marks: Inscribed on negative, lower center: 446 ? title
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 1922.214.171.124
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, Boston*, cityscapes*, Massachusetts*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, trolley cars*
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Boston - TGN 7013445
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- trolley cars - Use for electric streetcars propelled by current through trolley systems connected to overhead wires or wires located between the rails.
- image Dimensions: 214 x 168 mm (8.4 x 6.6 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Washington Street, Boston, ca. 1880-1890. Albumen print. image : 214 x 168 mm (8.4 x 6.6 in.). DAC accession number 19126.96.36.199. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYLD".View current selection of records as: