Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14
Boston: Custom House Street at Corner of India Street1934
240 x 186 mm (9.4 x 7.3 in.)
Berenice Abbott, American, (1898–1991)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Boston - TGN 7013445
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 240 x 186 mm (9.4 x 7.3 in.)
No open access image available
Berenice Abbott, American, (1898–1991) . Boston: Custom House Street at Corner of India Street, 1934. From American Cities before the Civil War: The Urban Vernacular of the Thirties, Forties, and Fifties. Gelatin silver print. image : 240 x 186 mm (9.4 x 7.3 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.206. Commissioned by Wesleyan University with the assistance of the Carnegie Corporation, 1934. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYLD".View current selection of records as: