No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1356
Boylston St. Boston, Arlington Churchca. 1880-1890
167 x 209 mm (6.6 x 8.2 in.)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Albumen print
Marks: Inscribed on negative, lower center-r.: 413 "Boylston St." Boston "Arlington Church"
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19220.127.116.11
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
architecture*, Boston*, churches, cities*, Massachusetts*, New England*, Northeastern United States*, religions, religious buildings, trolley cars*
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- Boston - TGN 7013445
- cities - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Generally, cities designate large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. [May 1996 related term added. January 1993 related term added.]
- Massachusetts - TGN 7007517
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- religious buildings
- trolley cars - Use for electric streetcars propelled by current through trolley systems connected to overhead wires or wires located between the rails.
- image Dimensions: 167 x 209 mm (6.6 x 8.2 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Boylston St. Boston, Arlington Church, ca. 1880-1890. Albumen print. image : 167 x 209 mm (6.6 x 8.2 in.). DAC accession number 1918.104.22.168. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYLD".View current selection of records as: