Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/4325
Art Blakey, Chicago1985
280 x 355 mm (11 x 14 in.)
Roy De Carava, American, (1919–2009)
- African American artists - LC sh 85001794
- Chicago - TGN 7013596
- Illinois - TGN 7007251
- jazz - LC sh 85069833
- male portraits
- Midwest - TGN 4007191 (general region): Refers to north-central USA, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, & usually Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Kentucky, and the Dakotas. Although the area falls primarily in the middle and eastern third of the United States, it was called the "midwest" because it was west of the original English colonies. Europeans settled here mainly after American Revolution, although some lived in Kentucky and Tennessee earlier.
- music - The art concerned with the combining of vocal or instrumental sounds in measured time to communicate emotions, ideas, or states of mind, usually according to cultural standards of rhythm, melody, and, in most Western music, harmony. [January 1995 scope note added. December 1991 related term added; related term added.]
- musical instruments - Sound-producing apparatuses whose primary function is to play music.
- musicians - Those skilled or specializing in the art or practice of music, such as composers, conductors, and performers. [January 1995 scope note added. February 1993 descriptor moved. November 1992 alternate term added. March 1992 related terms added.]
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- image Dimensions: 280 x 355 mm (11 x 14 in.)
No open access image available
Roy De Carava, American, (1919–2009) . Art Blakey, Chicago, 1985. Gelatin silver print. image : 280 x 355 mm (11 x 14 in.). DAC accession number 1990.22.3. Weedon Endowment funds, 1990. (copy photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYLE" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Roy De Carava".View current selection of records as: