Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/9745
Trinity Steeple, Newport, Rhode Island (During a Conflagration)1885
200 x 102 mm (7.9 x 4 in.)
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919)
- architecture - Art or science of designing and building structures, especially habitable structures, in accordance with principles determined by aesthetic and practical or material considerations. Refers also to the structures created. [November 1994 related term added. October 1990 alternate term added.]
- fire - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm003993
- fires - Use for events where something is totally or partially consumed by fire, whether intentionally or by accident. For the process of altering, injuring, or consuming something by fire or heat, use "burning." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added; descriptor moved. November 1992 lead-in term added. May 1991 alternate term added.]
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- New York Etching Club members
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- religious buildings
- Rhode Island - TGN 7007711
- plate Dimensions: 200 x 102 mm (7.9 x 4 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Charles Frederick William Mielatz, American, (1864–1919) . Trinity Steeple, Newport, Rhode Island (During a Conflagration), 1885. Etching on laid paper. plate : 200 x 102 mm (7.9 x 4 in.). Sheet : 373 x 215 mm (14.7 x 8.5 in.). DAC accession number 1946.D1.115. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1946. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GYMP" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Charles Frederick William Mielatz" and [Objects]Work Type is "Print".View current selection of records as: