Photo Credit: copy photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14564
Juniper, Lake Tenaya1937 (printed later)
254 x 204 mm (10 x 8 in.)
Edward Weston, American, (1886–1958)
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print
Edition: Printed later than 1937 by Cole and Brett Weston
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Purchased by the donor from Zeitlin & Ver Brugge, Los Angeles, CA, in 1973.
Bibliography: Beaumont Newhall, Supreme Instants: The Photography of Edward Weston (Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Co. in association with the Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona, 1986), cat. no. 204, p. 186.
Credit Line: Gift of Russell G. D’Oench, Jr., 1996
Accession Number: 1996.26.2
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
California*, geology*, lakes, landscapes (representations)*, mountains, Sierra Nevada*, trees, water, Western United States*
- California - TGN 7007157
- geology - Science that deals with the physical history of the earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the physical changes which it has undergone and is undergoing. RHDEL2 [June 1994 related term added. July 1993 descriptor moved. April 1993 related term added. December 1992 descriptor moved. February 1991 alternate term added.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Sierra Nevada - TGN 7014506 is "Nevada, Sierra"; flipped here to avoid comma ambiguity in term display
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
Location Latitude: American, Longitude: D'Oench
- image Dimensions: 254 x 204 mm (10 x 8 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available