Photo Credit: photo: J. Giammatteo
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/154
Pillars, 19281928 (printed 1970)
290 x 260 mm (11.4 x 10.2 in.)
Josef Albers, American, (1888–1976)
- abstraction - Use for the general concept and approach. For the 20th-century movement and its products, use "Abstract." [April 1993 related term added.]
- museums - Use for buildings, groups of buildings, or spaces within buildings where objects of value such as works of art, antiquities, scientific specimens, or other artifacts are housed and displayed. [March 1993 related terms added. April 1991 related te
- New York City - TGN 7007567 (“New York” preferred, “New York City” display; retained “City” for clarity)
- nonrepresentational art - Art which presents a visual form with no specific reference to anything outside itself. With regard to 20th-century art, use "Nonobjective." [May 1993 related term added.]
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 290 x 260 mm (11.4 x 10.2 in.)
No open access image available
Josef Albers, American, (1888–1976) . Pillars, 1928, 1928 (printed 1970). From Homage to the Square: Soft Edge—Hard Edge. Color screenprint. image : 290 x 260 mm (11.4 x 10.2 in.). Sheet : 490 x 450 mm (19.3 x 17.7 in.). DAC accession number 1999.17.4. Gift of Glenn and Alexandra Garrison in honor of their son, Noah Garrison (BA Wesleyan 1997), 1999. (photo: J. Giammatteo) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "OM".View current selection of records as: