No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/16791
432 x 285 mm (17 x 11.2 in.)
Marx Aviano, American (probably)
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Screenprint on heavyweight cream wove paper
Series: from portfolio of 31 screenprints Occuprint
Edition: Number 55 from edition of 100 published by Occuprint, Brooklyn, New York. The silkscreen portfolio has thirty-one 12” x 18” hand-silkscreened artists’ prints on French paper in an archival silkscreened presentation folder. This project was designed and curated by Occuprint organizer Jesse Goldstein, Occuprint editorial committee members (including Molly Fair, Josh MacPhee, and John Boy), and Booklyn Directing Curator Marshall Weber. Funds raised from the Occuprint portfolio support social justice community projects.
Marks: Inscribed in pencil on verso, lower right: “55/100”
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: Booklyn Artists Alliance, Brooklyn, NY
Bibliography: Back of portfolio has additional information; see also the project website at http://occuprint.org .
Credit Line: Friends of the Davison Art Center funds and Russell G. D’Oench — Davison Art Center Curator’s Fund, 2012
Accession Number: 2012.10.1
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- flowers (plants) - Designates both the reproductive shoots of seed-bearing plants and entire flowering plants. [January 1995 descriptor changed, was "flowers"; alternate term changed, was "flower".]
- Occupy Movement
- political art - Use for art produced to have an explicit political content or purpose. [June 1995 descriptor added.]
- posters - Notices intended to be posted to advertise, promote, or publicize an activity, cause, product, or service; also, decorative, mass-produced prints intended for hanging. For small printed notices or advertisements intended for distribution by hand, use "handbills." [August 1995 related term added. June 1992 descriptor added.]
- protesting - Openly expressing objection, disapproval, or dissent. RHDEL2 [January 1991 scope note added.]
- social movements - Collective action undertaken by people, who may or may not be formally organized, for the purpose of promoting or resisting an aspect of social change within a society. [July 1993 descriptor added.]
- image Dimensions: 432 x 285 mm (17 x 11.2 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available