Skip to Content
Davison Art Center Collection Search
The Davison Art Center is home to Wesleyan University’s art collection and holds one of the most important university collections of prints in the United States.
It was founded by Harriet B. and George W. Davison (B.A. 1892), with a gift of approximately 6,000 artworks donated to Wesleyan in stages between the 1930s and 1953.
The Davison Art Center’s holdings include:
- works representing virtually all important European and American printmakers from the Renaissance to the early twentieth century
- a large selection of prints by contemporary artists
- woodcuts by important artists of the Ukiyo-e tradition
- drawings and watercolors by American and European artists
- American and European paintings
- contemporary works in mixed media
- photographic works ranging from calotypes and daguerreotypes from the 1840s to contemporary images, including digital prints