No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/108
Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico1941
398 x 490 mm (15.7 x 19.3 in.)
Ansel Adams, American, (1902–1984)
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- moon - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm006751
- New Mexico - TGN 7007566
- night scenes
- Southwest - TGN 4010660 (general region): Area to which term applies has changed with westward expansion of the USA; today usually refers to Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas; area is linked by arid climate & pastoral agricultural economy.
- times of day
- Western United States - TGN 4011500 (general region): Typically refers to states West of the Rocky Mountains (New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California) and Texas. The term may also sometimes include the states above Texas (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma).
- image Dimensions: 398 x 490 mm (15.7 x 19.3 in.)
No open access image available
Ansel Adams, American, (1902–1984) . Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico, 1941. Gelatin silver print. image : 398 x 490 mm (15.7 x 19.3 in.). DAC accession number 1997.20.1. Gift of Woodbridge A. D’Oench, 1997.
Your search criteria: Related to "Ansel Adams".View current selection of records as: