Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13108
Untitled [woman in medallion with children]ca. 1915 - 1920
Théophile Alexandre Steinlen, Swiss, (1859–1923)
- charity - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm001902
- children (people by age group) - People in the earliest developmental stage of life. [August 1996 related term added. February 1995 descriptor changed, was "children". September 1993 related term added. November 1992 alternate term added. February 1991 scope note added.]
- girls - Use to refer to female human beings from birth through adolescence. [August 1993 descriptor added.]
- soldiers - Use generally for those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Use also specifically for military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, use "warriors." [November 1997 scope note changed; related term added. November 1996 related term deleted, was "knights (landholders)". February 1993 scope note changed; descriptor moved. December 1992 related terms added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXFQ".View current selection of records as: