Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/14932
Old Bridge, Blackberry River, near Canaanca. 1874
180 x 178 mm (7.1 x 7 in.)
John Douglas Woodward, American, (1848–1924)
- American Studies
- bridges (built works) - Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers. [September 1994 scope note added; related term added. March 1993 descriptor changed, was 'bridges'; alternate term changed, was 'bridge'.]
- Connecticut - TGN 7007159
- New England - TGN 7014203 (general region): Refers to several states settled by English colonists, including Connecticut, Maine, Massaschusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The coastline has many harbors. It is on a broad continental shelf, with forested hills inland. It was inhabited by the 9th mill. BCE; the Algonquians were here when the Europeans settled in early 17th century.
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- image Dimensions: 180 x 178 mm (7.1 x 7 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
John Douglas Woodward, American, (1848–1924) . Old Bridge, Blackberry River, near Canaan, ca. 1874. From Picturesque America or The Land We Live In. Wood engraving on wove paper. image : 180 x 178 mm (7.1 x 7 in.). DAC accession number 1918.104.22.168. Friends of the Davison Art Center funds, 1981. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "DUNB" and [Objects]Display Artist is "John Douglas Woodward".View current selection of records as: