No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/1661
Sailors in a Sea of Sandca. 1942-1950
507 x 405 mm (20 x 15.9 in.)
- Africa - TGN 7001242
- American Studies
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- deserts - Dry, barren, treeless regions, so arid because of little rainfall that they support only sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all; usually sandy. RHDEL2
- North Africa - TGN 7016886
- propaganda - Ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to support one cause or individual or to damage another. WCOL9
- war - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011468
- World War II
- world wars - Wars that involve most of the leading political and military powers of the world or most of the earth's territory. [July 1993 descriptor added.]
- object Dimensions: 507 x 405 mm (20 x 15.9 in.)
No open access image available
Anonymous, . Sailors in a Sea of Sand, ca. 1942-1950. Gelatin silver print. object : 507 x 405 mm (20 x 15.9 in.). DAC accession number 1998.2.9. Gift of Robert C. Lancefield (BA Wesleyan 1982, MA 1993, PhD 2005; DAC Registrar of Collections 1994–2019, Manager of Museum Information Services 1999–2019), 1998.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXXL" and [Objects]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: