Photo Credit: photo: T. Rodriguez
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/7296
Holiday in Camp. Soldiers Playing “Football”1865
233 x 350 mm (9.2 x 13.8 in.)
Winslow Homer, American, (1836–1910)
- camps (military) - LCSH Link
- Civil War era
- civil wars - Wars between different sections or parties of the same nation. W [January 1991 scope note added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor moved. 19900191 descriptor changed, was "civil war".]
- soldiers - Use generally for those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Use also specifically for military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, use "warriors." [November 1997 scope note changed; related term added. November 1996 related term deleted, was "knights (landholders)". February 1993 scope note changed; descriptor moved. December 1992 related terms added; alternate term added. November 1990 descriptor added.]
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- U.S. Civil War
- image Dimensions: 233 x 350 mm (9.2 x 13.8 in.)
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: T. Rodriguez) .
Your search criteria: Keyword is "BEZO".View current selection of records as: