No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/10176
250 x 200 mm (9.8 x 7.9 in.)
James Nares, British (English), b. 1953
Object Type: print
Medium and Support: Color woodcut on Somerset paper
Print impression quality: Printing imperfection with black spots throughout image
Series: from A Bestiary
Edition: From A Bestiary, limited edition book with text by Bradford Morrow and 36 prints; number 70 from edition of 100; published by The Grenfell Press, New York
Marks: Signed in pencil by each artist on last sheet of book
Provenance / Collectors' Marks: The donor is the publisher of The Grenfell Press.
Credit Line: Gift of Leslie Miller, 1997
Accession Number: 1997.22.35
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- bestiaries - Collections of moralized fables, especially as written in the Middle Ages, about actual or mythical animals. RHDEL2 [June 1992 descriptor added.]
- fables - Fictitious narratives usually with animals or inanimate objects as protagonists, intended to convey a hidden meaning regarding human conduct. OCCL [November 1992 descriptor moved. June 1992 scope note added. January 1991 alternate term added.]
- literature (writings)
- unicorns - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm011215
- image Dimensions: 250 x 200 mm (9.8 x 7.9 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available