No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/13285
185 x 231 mm (7.3 x 9.1 in.)
W. B. Swift, American
Object Type: photograph
Medium and Support: Gelatin silver print with deep brown tone
Marks: Inscribed on label on verso: “W.B. Swift, Amateur, Wellesley Hills, Mass.”
Credit Line: Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983
Accession Number: 19188.8.131.52
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
camera club genre, clouds*, genre*, landscapes (representations)*, Northeastern United States*, sky, sunset, times of day
- camera club genre
- clouds - From TGM: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/tgm/item/tgm002200
- genre - Use for pictorial representations, which may be in various media, that represent scenes or events from everyday life; usually used with another term such as "paintings" or "prints." [April 1991 descriptor moved.]
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Northeastern United States - TGN 4011496 (general region): The term typically refers to New England and the northern Atlantic seaboard, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
- times of day
- image Dimensions: 185 x 231 mm (7.3 x 9.1 in.)
DAC Downloadable Open Access Image
No open access image available
W. B. Swift, American . Sunset, ca. 1910-1920. Gelatin silver print with deep brown tone. image : 185 x 231 mm (7.3 x 9.1 in.). DAC accession number 19184.108.40.206. Gift of Michael M. Senft, 1983.
Your search criteria: Keyword is "GXIW".View current selection of records as: