Landscape with a Sportsman and Dog
Photo Credit: photo: R. Lee
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12019
Landscape with a Sportsman and Dogca. 1653
129 x 158 mm (5.1 x 6.2 in.)
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669)
- animals - This section can use more hierarchical (quasi-Linnaean) refinement in future; extant terms were assembled into a fairly flat and slightly redundant structure to expedite conversion.
- landscapes (representations) - Use for creative works that depict outdoor scenes where the picture is dominated by the configuration, visual and aesthetic, of the land, bodies of water, and natural elements. When the ocean or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer "views" or "topographical views." For actual areas of land having certain notable characteristics, use "landscapes (environments)." [January 1993 scope note added; related term added. April 1991 descriptor moved; lead-in term added; descriptor changed, was "landscapes"; alternate term changed, was 'landscape'.]
- Netherlands - TGN 7016845
- sports - Use for games that involve a reasonable degree of individual skill and physical prowess. [June 1993 related term added. March 1993 scope note changed; related terms added; descriptor moved. February 1991 scope note added; alternate term added.]
- plate Dimensions: 129 x 158 mm (5.1 x 6.2 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch, (1606–1669) . Landscape with a Sportsman and Dog, ca. 1653. Etching and drypoint on laid paper. Second of two states. plate : 129 x 158 mm (5.1 x 6.2 in.). DAC accession number 1938.D1.53. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1938. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: R. Lee) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "Landscape with a Sportsman and Dog".View current selection of records as: