The Statue before Ruins
Photo Credit: photo: M. Johnston
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/12109
The Statue before Ruins1763-1764
136 x 95 mm (5.4 x 3.7 in.)
Hubert Robert, French, (1733–1808)
- Italy - TGN 1000080
- Neoclassical - Use for architecture and art of the late 18th and the 19th centuries that follow principles of classicism. For late 18th- to early 20th-century architecture and ornament based relatively closely on ancient classical forms, use "Classical Revival." [May 1993 related terms added.]
- Rome - TGN 7000874 (standard English name used here for this well-known city)
- ruins - Use generally for remains of buildings or groups of buildings that have been destroyed or are in a state of great disrepair or decay.
- sculpture - Use for works of art in which images and forms are carried out primarily in three dimensions, especially those that retain the quality of being tangible objects or groups of objects. As works become more diffused in space or time, or less tangi
- plate Dimensions: 136 x 95 mm (5.4 x 3.7 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Hubert Robert, French, (1733–1808) . The Statue before Ruins, 1763-1764. From Evenings in Rome (Les Soirées de Rome). Etching on laid paper. Second of three states. plate : 136 x 95 mm (5.4 x 3.7 in.). DAC accession number 1947.D1.220.3. Gift of George W. Davison (BA Wesleyan 1892), 1947. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Johnston) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "The Statue before Ruins".View current selection of records as: