Net Repair, Baicul, Itaparica, Brazil
No image available.
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/18687
Net Repair, Baicul, Itaparica, Brazil2004
448 x 433 mm (17.6 x 17 in.)
Kristin Capp, American, b. born 1964
- Brazil - TGN 1000047
- fishermen (people) - Those whose business or occupation is to catch fish or shellfish. [July 1994 scope note added; descriptor changed, was "fishermen". June 1994 lead-in term added. December 1992 alternate term added.]
- nets (objects) - Use for the objects consisting of meshed arrangements of threads, cords, or ropes that have been twisted, knotted, or woven together at regular intervals. For the open weave textile made of twine or strong thread or yarn, usually of silk, cotton, nylon, or rayon, with fine to coarse meshes of fixed dimension, used to make various items from veils and trimming on clothing to tennis nets and fish nets, use "net (textile)." [February 1994 related terms added; scope note changed; descriptor changed, was "nets"; alternate term changed, was "net". December 1992 descriptor added.]
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness; for representations of fictional or mythological characters, use "figures (representations)." [March 1993 lead-in term added. April 1991 descriptor m
- repairing - Restoring to a whole by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken, or otherwise restoring to sound condition. W [October 1996 related term added. August 1992 scope note added.]
- image Dimensions: 448 x 433 mm (17.6 x 17 in.)
No open access image available
Kristin Capp, American, b. born 1964 . Net Repair, Baicul, Itaparica, Brazil, 2004. Archival pigment print. image : 448 x 433 mm (17.6 x 17 in.). Sheet : 611 x 510 mm (24.1 x 20.1 in.). DAC accession number 2015.22.2. Gift of Philippe M. Salomon (BA Wesleyan 1970), 2015.
Your search criteria: Objects is "Net Repair, Baicul, Itaparica, Brazil".View current selection of records as: