New York Bay
Photo Credit: photo: M. Cook
Bookmark (persistent url): https://dac-collection.wesleyan.edu/objects-1/info/5521
New York Bay1879
190 x 118 mm (7.5 x 4.6 in.)
Henry Farrer, American, (1843–1903)
- cityscapes - Use for creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities. For creative works depicting settlements that may be considered towns, use "townscapes (representations)." For images that are more documentary than creative, prefer
- harbors - Designates well-sheltered inlets of water affording protection from wind and sea and sufficient depth to allow anchorage for vessels.
- marine views - Use For Term
- New York Etching Club members
- plate Dimensions: 190 x 118 mm (7.5 x 4.6 in.)
Please see the DAC Open Access Images Policy and ReadMe PDF. This policy is similar to the concise No Known Copyright statement at RightsStatements.org.
To download an image, control-click or right-click on a link below, then select "Download," "Save Link," or a similar choice in your web browser.
DAC Open Access Image: JPEG, < 2 MB (Help)
DAC Open Access Image: TIFF, ~20-40 MB (Help)
Please use this image credit line:
Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Henry Farrer, American, (1843–1903) . New York Bay, 1879. Etching printed in brown ink on wove paper. plate : 190 x 118 mm (7.5 x 4.6 in.). Sheet : 234 x 316 mm (9.2 x 12.4 in.). DAC accession number 1984.29.133. Gift of Juwil C. and Virgil W. Topazio (BA Wesleyan 1943), 1984. Open Access Image from the Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University (photo: M. Cook) .
Your search criteria: Objects is "New York Bay".View current selection of records as: